Monday, August 24, 2009

Michael Jackson and the Homicide Ruling

I must confess that the coroner's findings primarily prove to me that coroners use the word 'homicide' in a completely different way than normal people. Clearly I saw the word 'homicide' in the headline and immediately understood something else, as did, I'm sure, most people out there. Newspapers bait, of course, but the coroner's office could have used a different word.

No matter. The point still remains: Conrad Murray is responsible for the death of Michael Jackson. It's really difficult to see it any other way, and one does wonder what will happen now. The evidence is shocking: it appears to be a gross disregard for how drugs interact with each other and also, it seems, appears to be the kind of 'treat drugs with drugs' thinking that has resulted in the deaths of many other famous people.

Why does this keep happening? Who are these shady doctors and how do they seem to find their ways into the lives of so many famous people? How do they get their licences?

I suppose it's not entirely fair to put all the blame on Murray. I'm sure he was in the unenviable position of being given an addict to care for. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. But then again, that's why I never went into medicine. If Murray is not exactly a murderer, he certainly does seem to be a negligent charlatan who ought to be stripped of his licence, if not his very freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by WebRing.
MJSN MJSites.net
homelistjoin | previousnextrandom

searchstats
powered by alt-webring